Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week 42- May 19, 2015

Ignore the fact that this picture isn't rotated correctly, my sister can't figure it out.






    So I'm doing good, and that sounds good. I'll get right to what's happening here, so we had a training yesterday (that's why our p-day was moved to Tuesday); we were trained by Elder David F Evans, who actually spoke to us when I was in the MTC. He spoke to us about iPads, so we'll be getting them before transfers..which is in 3 weeks..so I'm pumped. I may just drive by on Wednesday and check my email, so just email me about Acey's mission call...that's how I want to find out. 
Displaying DSC03191.JPG
Ignore my face, I just climbed a mountain.
    It is getting hot here too! This morning, for a p-day activity, we hiked a mountain. So I've only hiked one mountain before and that was when I was in Rincon, and it was tough, but it was a pretty good time...plus it was Mount Lemmon and up there it looks Utah, so there was trees that we could get under for shade as we walked. Anyways, this mountain was a bit different. It was so HARD. I know my pace, cause of cross country, so I wasn't the last one or anything..but it gets to the point where you get on all 4s and crawl in some areas. I haven't worked out too much and I am not in shape...like at all. So it was hard to say the least, but I don't like to start something and then quit usually..so I kept going, it never really even crossed my mind to walk back. So me and my companion actually had another sister come with us on the trip, and there was 11 elders too. So we just went, well after a while I couldn't see my comp or the other sister, but I wasn't going to stop or go back and plus a tleast the elders were there if anything was to happen, so I stayed with the elders in the front, now I wasn't right up there...but I was doing pretty good to be in the shape that I'm in. So they ended up going back early and not going up, so i was companionless for a bit, but I survived. And if I'm being honest, if I had the choice, i would do it again! Well one of the elders kept saying that the top all makes it worth it...he was right. It was worth it, we literally could see all of Tucson, and Tucson ain't little. So that was cool...not gonna lie, I didn't eat breakfast before we went cause I wasn't hungry and I didn't wanna throw up, but I just drank water...well not even half way up with the 5 elders in the front I threw up like 3 days (it was just water) I mean I know you don't care about this...but I will years from now just so I can remember it, so save this message. Haha anyways an elder gave me a granola bar which helped, but once I threw up I felt so much better. So on the way down, we split up into another small group and it was me and 3 elders...well we passed this swarm of bees and the 2 elders in front of me got stung and starting running down the hilly rocks and I was so afraid they were going to hurt themselves, but they didn't. They just got stung in the face twice. But on the way down during all that I was trying to get away from the bees and I slid sown some rocks and landed on my ankle wrong, not sure what's wrong...just hurts like heck. But over all it was super fun! Well put this on my blog I reckon...ya better I mean. Love ya'll!

Displaying DSC03158.JPG
While on our P-Day, a Sister fell and dislocated her hip, so I held her water.
Displaying DSC03189.JPG
The view at the very top of the mountain.



No comments:

Post a Comment