Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Week 7

Hey!



    No one really wrote me today so I feel super lonely. :( Whatever, anyways...I aint really got much going on here. Except I'm getting better at my teaching skills wooohooo. And I've had a hard time getting used to having a companion with me at all times. No joke. I hate having someone with me 24/7 sometimes, you know I'm a private person, UGH I am trying so hard to get use to it. 
    I'm learning so much it's just crazy though. I just got back to the apartment from a lesson, it went great! There is a little 9 year old whose family is less- active. We are working with them and she really wants to get baptized! I love it. My love for people has really grown so much. It's not easy but so worth it. 
    I can't wait to go to the temple Wednesday, the 17th. Also when I go home in 17 months I'll go to the Gilbert, AZ temple. Cool, huh?! I know I'm stoked. I've also been able to make a million friends. Ugh they are so great. Everyone in the mission is so nice, the people outside of it aren't always, but you learn to get over it. I ate breakfast at Jack- in- the- Box last week, it was so dang good! 
    I sure ain't lost my dern accent. We had a trainer/trainee meeting a few days ago with President Passey, the mission president. He asked the question, "is missionary work easy?" Well I blurted out, "it ain't! but not very loud. He said, "did everyone hear what Sister Mizell said? She said it ain't!" and he said that with a huge accent and everyone just died laughing. It was so funny!!
     And another day last week! We were biking and came to this lady on the street, she was 65 and she was homeless, and was cussing back and fourth and then she said "GD", so I quenched my teeth and kept my mouth shut. Then she said it again and I said "Can you PLEASE not say that, I hate that word and I ain't fixing to continue to listen to it." Right before I said it seemed pretty bad, I felt the spirit leave and I reckon that's why I got so upset. She apologized and didn't say it again. Then she was dying, and she was so thirsty! I had a little water and offered her some from my container. I figured she would waterfall it, well nope! She tipped it up and went to drinking all over it; I almost died. So now I got it at home soaking in bleach and I'm debating on throwing it away or not! 
    
Anyways write me! 
       Sister Mizell


No comments:

Post a Comment