Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 3: Finally made it to Arizona!

Hey!! I'm here in Tucson, Arizona. I haven't even made it to my apartment, but we are headed there after we leave the library. It is very different here. The desert is a depressing place, I feel like. I'm hoping I'll get use to it. I miss the green trees and the grass. There is basically no grass.

 I'm rather nervous, to say the least. Every time I get on here I realize I have no time hardly to email everyone. Like no way, but I do read them all!

I'm on a bike mission in my first area. I have a lesson to teach tonight. This is my first lesson I'll teach to an investigator. It's intimidating. The sisters back home made it look so easy. I hope that as I study I'll be able to get my words out better. I am hoping I can catch on fast and teach the lessons. That's my main struggle as of right now. I have been REALLY hard on myself.


Thanks for the photos...Ashlee Morris!
I think that it is pretty obvious that Heavenly Father is trying to tell me something, because numerous people have come up to me and told me stuff about myself that they didn't know. (The Holy Ghost is real) Of course I already knew that, but I now know just how much he can help me in my life. I can tell you this, I've never felt the Holy Ghost so strong in my life. Never did I know of just how amazing it is. I could go on and on about it, but you wouldn't wanna hear about all that. 



I am really just ready to get these next two transfers out of the way, so that I can not be so worried and be more confident in myself. It's different because the missionaries back home make it look so easy, like way easier than it actually is. Or maybe I just have a hard time explaining things, I don't know. I guess I'll find out in the next few weeks and let y'all know.

The same day Elder Dallin H. Oaks came to Douglas, was the same day his daughter, Jenny Oaks Baker came to the MTC. How cool is that? I know really cool!

Anyways, I saw a quote on the Mormon Messages by Thomas S. Monson and I loved it, he said, "Dare to be a Mormon, dare to stand alone, dare to have a purpose firm, dare to make it known." Now just imagine that in his great, stern voice. I loved it. I also loved the quote Elder Young told me. I repeat it as often as I can, or when I may be down about something. "I do tough things, I am first to do tough things, I do tough things first, I love being a missionary, I am a finisher." And that has helped me A LOT.

 Anyways, I love y'all!!!

Sister Mizell

No comments:

Post a Comment