Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Week 4

Hey!
    So I'm finally in Tucson, Arizona. And I've actually been here for about a week in the actual field. It has been an adventure. I've already had sooo many things happen. One of them: completely wrecking my bike and crashing into the ground because I didn't wanna hit an ugly Chihuahua. The dog ran up to us and my companion was on the other side of me, I couldn't move out of the way, so I slammed on brakes completely and I flew in the air, legs and all. It was terrible. But the only positive thing I got out of it was that I had a good story to write home, so I figured I had to mention it.


    So Saturday we went to a meeting and listened to Carole M. Stephans (Relief Society 1st counselor), Jean A. Stevens (Primary 1st counselor) and Bonnie L. Oscarson (Young women president) speak. Then after we met them and took pictures with them! It was amazing, and tomorrow we're gonna hear from Elder Malm(?) of the Seventy...not sure if that's how to even spell it. Which is super exciting! 


    I already got into a deep argument/conversation about the church. This feller was talking about the trinity. Well from out of no where, I started throwing up doctrine and he didn't really know how to respond. My companion didn't say much at the time. But I was feeling pretty good about it. But I mean never did I get mad or anything, I was just telling facts. But also, we asked at the end if we could say a closing prayer and he said we could if, after that, he could pray for us. So we agreed and he started saying how for 6 years he was sick, had all kinds of stuff wrong with him and then one day him and his family prayed for him to be healed and three days later he was. So he said since then he's been going around praying for people to be healed and he said he's been healing them.
    I never realized just how much I talk about my family until I got here, that usually is the only thing I talk about if I ain't talking about the gospel. Everyone says I seem to be really close with my family. Haha they just don't even know!
    Anyways, I am loving it!! and I love getting letters, like LOVE IT. If I don't write back, it's not that I don't wanna talk, it's just I forget, but hopefuly I aint forgot anybody. PLEASE feel free to write me, that way I can feel a little bit of Georgia! Oh and also there is an Elder from my ward here that is also from Georgia, just about 5 hours north of me. He has no accent. And everyone loves mine. The zone leaders said they should write down the meetings and let me just read it! They said more people would be willing to listen! Haha I love it. Anyways see ya in a week! :)
 
      Sister Mizell

    Listi's MTC District at the Provo Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment