Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 2



   Everyone, 
    The MTC is great. It's sooo spiritual. You wouldn't believe how strong the spirit can really be. They have dedicated the grounds, so that's why. 
    I thought I knew a little bit coming into the MTC, I was wrong. Terribly wrong. So I am in a district with 4 companionships. Two sets of Sisters and two sets of Elders. I stay in a Residence with the sisters, so we have all gotten really close. We spend about nine hours a day in classroom, so we've all got really close as a district. They are super great too. My companion is super nice, but i think the main thing that I am still having to get use to is having someone with me 24/7. Her name is Sister Walter and she is from Illinois and she is also going to the same mission as me. My entire district is, actually. Which is cool. In all we have about 22 missionaries heading out to Tucson when I leave for the mission field.
    It's has been good. I'm not gonna lie, the first three days were hard! Like I struggled. Everyone said, just wait til sunday it will get better. I heard that phrase like a million times. Personally, I didn't see how sunday could be any different than any other day, but let me tell ya, they were right! Oh my goodness, Sunday was amazing. We got to partake of the sacrament and walk to the temple. I loved it. We got to hear from the MTC administrator. HE DID SUPER GOOD. So ever since Sunday everything has been flying by. We watched "The Character of Christ" and oh my goodness it was great, it's by David A. Bednar. Have you heard it? We are going sunday and watching it again. Tuesday we had devotional and David F. Evans spoke, of the seventy. Once again, I loved it. The cafeteria isn't terrible, it's very clean. I just don't care for much of the food.  
     I'm super blessed to be here, and i know that it's not going to be easy, but I also know that there are people that i need to meet, so that they can come to know the gospel. I feel like it's such a blessing to be in this church. I realize that some people don't know Heavenly Father and my heart truly goes out to them. Makes me really want to just tear up, because i have never really just sat and thought about it. Even people in the church don't realize how blessed they are. And not only that, but yesterday we got the chance walk down one of the halls and just look at the pictures of Jesus Christ. And one picture just stuck out to me! He was being took down basically right before he was crucified. And his face was so sad. I mean at any point he could have said, "no." He could have not did it. And people take the love that he has for us for granted, and obviously I'm not perfect, but I feel like I'm getting better. As I grow more of an understanding, I'm so thankful that I decided to serve. I'm so thankful that for my Savior and for my Heavenly Father. I'm so thankful to know that families can be together forever. This brings so much joy to my heart. 
     Also, August 18th on Monday morning at 4:30 we get up and head to Arizona. I'm super nervous, but ready to get there. Right now I'm doing laundry...THANK GOODNESS.
     But a little later my district is heading over to the temple. Exciting, right?! Anyways I am doing good. Everyone back home is in my prayers. Please feel free to write me first or email me first. I actually forget to write very easily. It's not that I'm avoiding anybody, I'm just rather busy. I love y'all.


         Sister Mizell

No comments:

Post a Comment